Monday, February 13, 2012

Current Thoughts


I am sitting here watching documentaries on slavery and life for African Americans post-slavery and through the civil rights movement. I must say that each time I see the struggle of my people it gives sense of pride because I recognize the sacrifices and
how I am able to benefit from those sacrifices. Looking at who I am and where I can from, and the people who gave birth to me gives way to feelings and emotions that cannot easily be articulated. I keep my goals and dreams in clear view so that the sacrifices made for us will not be in vain. I appreciate their struggle and the love that I have for them will last throughout all eternity. Out of respect for my ancestors and for the many blessings God continually bestows on me I will continue to live a life of abundance, prosperity, and exceeding joy so that I can be a blessing and servant to others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment